Jane Zwar Civil Celebrant
Home About Jane Forms Gallery Useful Links Contact


In order for a civil marriage service to go ahead you will need to provide the following to your Celebrant where applicable:

For couples who have made a booking or are intending to:

A Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed and lodged with me not less than 30 days prior to your wedding date, and not more than eighteen months prior to the ceremony date. (There are extenuating circumstances whereby the marrying couple can apply to the prescribed authority to have the period of 30 days shortened). Please download the Notice of Intended Marriage or I can supply a copy to you. If the following documents cannot be produced please note I will not be able to marry you on the day.

  • Original Birth Certificates
  • The full names of the witnesses that will sign the legal documents on your Wedding Day.
  • A Divorce Decree Absolute (www.fmc.gov.au) must be produced if either or both the Bride and Groom have been previously married and divorced.
  • Death Certificate if the Bride or Groom have been widowed
  • If you were born outside Australia and do not have a birth certificate you can provide an original passport showing your date and place of birth.
  • Photographic ID eg: licence, 18 + Card, Passport.

Marriage Certificate

You will be given a presentation marriage certificate on your wedding day; however you may want to apply for an official Marriage Certificate. If you are planning to change your maiden name you will need one of these to be able to officially change your name on your passport, ,bank account, Drivers Licence, Medicare etc. You must fill out the forms provided and pay the fee directly to the department of Births, Deaths and Marriages, they will then send you an official Marriage Certificate (this can take up to 3 months). I am happy to post for you when I submit the rest of your documents.

For any other enquiries regarding marriage legalities please go to the Attorney General's Department - Marriage Section in your state of Marriage.